On Wednesday, March 13, workers at Dishes (a popular upscale Midtown deli) publicly stood up against years of workplace abuses, unpaid wages, numerous health and safety violations. Along with community allies, workers marched on their exploitative boss and delivered a demand letter.
In an illegal and cowardly act, the owners of Dishes, Moshe Mallul and Maggie Talisman, retaliated by firing two of the workers who stood up against injustice in their workplace.
On May 1st, community allies returned with 500 people to demand the owners rehire the illegally fired workers and come to a just settlement.
On June 3rd, community allies returned to Dishes yet again to show their support. Watch the video!
Management still won’t do the right thing.
What can you do to support workers at Dishes?
- Next time you order lunch from Dishes, ask to speak to a manager.
- Call the owners, Moshe Mallul (971-664-6404) & Maggie Talisman (917-678-5469)
Demand that Dishes:
- Stop the retaliation against workers
- Immediately reinstate ALL fired workers
- Meet with workers and come to a resolution of this dispute!