October 16, 2013 by 99pkts
Since immigrant workers at Grand Café, a deli near Grand Central Station, began organizing against wage theft, intimidation and abuse in the workplace, four workers have been illegally fired in retaliation.
Save the Date!
This Friday 10/18, we’re flooding Grand Café management with calls demanding an end to retaliation.
Call (212) 883-6789, and ask for Mido (the manager). Tell him to rehire the illegally fired workers, and negotiate a fair agreement with Grand Cafe workers. Try to call around 9am or 12pm, but call whenever you are able to.
Together, we will fight for the workers to be rehired and for an agreement that forces the owner of Grand Café to provide a fair and just workplace, where employees are treated with respect.
Join with Grand Café workers and 99 Pickets members, and help us step up the pressure on Grand Café management. Support this grassroots, worker-driven campaign, with training and support from Restaurant Opportunities Center of New York (ROC-NY).
Spread the Word on Twitter! (Sample tweets)
- When @GrandCafeNYC steals wages, workers fight back! Flood boss w/calls in solidarity 2day! 212-883-6789, ask 4 Mido tiny.cc/floodgc
- Call Grand Cafe management ask for Mido & demand an end to retaliation (212) 883-6789 ask for Mido / Rehire fired workers!
- Get your phone ready for the #CallFlood today! @GrandCafeNYC, rehire the illegally fired workers! tiny.cc/floodgc Mido @ 212-883-6789
- .@GrandCafeNYC, stop serving retaliation with your sandwiches! Call them A LOT today tiny.cc/floodgc 212-883-6789 & ask for Mido
- Today we’re flooding @GrandCafeNYC w/calls to rehire workers fired for organizing. 212-883-6789 & ask for Mido tiny.cc/floodgc
- Why is @GrandCafeNYC stealing wages from workers? Ask a manager! His name is Mido. Call in today 212-883-6789 tiny.cc/floodgc
- Charge your phone for the solidarity call-in to @GrandCafeNYC. Rehire the illegally fired workers now! tiny.cc/floodgc Call now: 212-883-6789
We’re also doing on-the-ground actions! Next Grand Café leafleting is Friday Oct. 25, 8am-9am.
Category General | Tags: